I tested a recipe for a ketogenic cake. It wasn’t a win for me, because, as written, it turned out burnt on the outside and not cooked all the way through on the inside. I felt like it had potential from a flavor standpoint though, so I played around with it and came up with this keto muffin recipe using a few components of the failed cake recipe.
Enjoy one of these with a cup or coffee or tea, or as a little sweet bite after a meal.
Be sure to join the Lifestory group on Facebook to ask questions & share your feedback on my recipes!
Ketogenic Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- 1/2 Tbs baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 325. Prep muffin pans for 12 muffins- either grease well with butter, or place muffin papers in the openings. Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt & xanthan gum in a medium sized bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand held mixer & bowl, beat the butter & Swerve together until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice & lemon zest. Mix well. Add heavy whipping cream and mix to combine, then add the dry ingredients. Mix until just well combined. Fold in blueberries by hand using a rubber spatula, then divide batter between 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake about 20 minutes until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
* This blog will occasionally utilize affiliate links, for which I receive credit. It doesn’t cause anyone to pay more for the item in question, but it helps me be able to create content for this site. You are in no way obligated to use my links, and I will only link to the exact products I use myself, to help you achieve the same results I achieve with my recipes.